Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Good -bye Michigan, Hello Ontario

We spent the last six days on the shore of South Higgins Lake,MI. We had a campsite right on lakeside in this enormous state park. Something like 400 campsites. Very well run place. Since there was no water hook-ups we got to see how long our water tanks would last us. By the last morning were spitting out air. This is good to know for future planning. We did some fishing, biking, hiking, mushroom hunting, swimming, and lots of reading. Rob finally picked up a book. In all the years we've been married other than hunting or sales related materials, this is the second book I have seen him pick up.

Do you wonder what this traveling lifestyle is really like? First of all, I have to give myself a pep talk frequently because, you see, this all feels a little bit irresponsible. I am not used to not having a lot to accomplish.It all feels a bit frivolous. We are here, we have made the commitment to do this for awhile, sooo I'll just have to get over it.

Last Saturday I woke up and I was sure it was Wednesday. We never know the date. Quite often I do not wear a watch.I take a shower every 2nd or 3rd day , which means I don't shave every day like I used to. I even got up the other day and left the bed unmade all day, we went fishing early. Rob and I talked about this the other day, we seem to rotate wearing the same 5 or 6 articles of clothing. Of course now he thinks we should get rid of a bunch to help lighten our overloaded problem. Surely 30 pairs of shoes don't weigh that much!

There are alot of things we are learning on this journey. On to Niagara Falls!

No comments:

Post a Comment