Friday, February 18, 2011

Still in Alabama

We have been busy with a variety of things. Rob has been pig hunting, I have been teaching myself how to crochet. The park we are staying in has daily events of which we occasionally participate. Thurs. night potluck dinners,(last night was Italian night),and Wed.  bingo are what we try to (me) to attend. 

I have been working out almost every day. Can a 55 year old woman take up jogging if she has never done it in her life? YES!! I have been a power walker for 20 plus years but the thought of jogging or running  always intimidated me. The first day I jogged I thought my body forgot how to pick up my legs. The key is to start out small, just jog a couple of feet then walk a little ways until you can catch your breath.  Just kidding, but I didn't go to far that first day and then that night every thing hurt. My muscles didn't hurt but my bones did, from the pounding my body experienced. Also I made a BIG note to myself to make sure I wear a sports bra, I am sure I looked ridiculous holding myself in place as I jogged. The second day I went twice as far and I experienced no after effects. So everyday I try to double what I did the day before. Won't be long and maybe I'll try a 5 K.   NOT!!

We'll be heading out tommorrow to our first  Mardi Gras parade in downtown Mobile,( the birthplace of Mardi Gras). Their are activities everyday now until Fat Tueday. Everything is decorated in the Mardi Gras colors, even several of the RVs in our park.  So bring on the party!!

1 comment:

  1. Still keeping up with your blog! The picture of Rob with the pig was of great interest to Joe. And Rob looks about 20 years old there!

    ReplyDelete