Thursday, February 3, 2011

This little piggy went to market...

   As everybody knows, I love to hunt so when we got to south Alabama I decided right away to get out and talk to some landowners to gain acces so I could deer hunt the last month of the season which ended January 31. I found out right away that this area really doesn't have any deer to speak of but there are a lot of wild feral pigs. I don't care if it's wild parakeets, I like to hunt so off I went.
   I have never really pig hunted before so I thought that I was pretty damn good when I killed two the first afternoon and 6 the first 5 days. I won't go nto all the deatails but I can tell you that these pigs are pretty cotton pickin' smart because once they learned that I was after them, they have managed to evade me every step of the way since. For a week and a half now I'm having trouble finding them much less shooting one. I know that they are still here because I saw about 80 of them in one field so the 6 that I killed didn't even put a dent in the population.
A picture is worth a thousand words so here are some pictures.

   This big boar was over 400 pounds and had 5" tusks which were as sharp as a knife.

No comments:

Post a Comment