Wednesday, September 15, 2010

The Bear facts

   Well as you know, I had a little time to bear hunt in Maine. For those of you who don't undertand how special the bear was that I shot , I'll fill you in. There is a record book for animals harvested with a bow called Pope and Young. The minimum skull measurement to make it into the book is 17". Mine scored
20-1/2" so it will rank quite high. There is another book called Boone & Crocket for animals taken with any weapon, rifle, bow, spear, handgun, etc. The minimum is 20" so I will make that book also.
   This bear is what every hunter dreams of when they go to the woods. On the back end, my picture is being used in the next edition of Bow Hunt America magazine in an advertisement to solicit readers to submit articles to the magazine for publication and the story will run in the magazine after the first of the year.

No comments:

Post a Comment