Friday, September 24, 2010

It's all about the hair

As I mentioned previously I desparetly needed to do something professional with my hair. I took a gamble and made an appointment with a salon that by all outward appearances gave me a good  impression. Heather and I began getting to know each other immediately as you do when you settle into the hair chair. I told her as much as I know about my hair to give her as much of an advantage as possible so as to insure a positive result. She came back with a bowl full of color and applied it painstakingly to all my roots, all the while telling me how she had just gotten out of hair school a mere few months ago.  I am thinking, oh oh.
 We then move on to the highlights. I have been coloring my hair for quite a few years. It is taking her an excruciatingly long time. I know from past experience that color is usually left on for 30 minutes, the color has been on for 45 when she finishes the highlights which are left to process for another 25 minutes. In the mean time Rob comes to pick me up ( I told him to give me about 2 hours) so we send him away. While waiting for the time to pass my scalp is burning and I keep thinking I am about to see big clumps of my hair falling to the floor.  You are probably wondering if at any point I voiced any of my concerns. I said nothing, I was at a loss for words.  She was such a sweet girl, and I did not know what to say.
We then move to the shampoo bowl, after she shampoos she says"do you have a problem with DRY HAIR?"  I am thinking, well I am sure I do now. So we put a conditioning treatment on it, which takes more time and Rob comes again and we send him away again.
Then she cuts my hair and blow dries it with a round brush. I swear to God she had the hottest blow dryer I have ever felt. It takes forever to dry my hair anyway and I thought I would die. Well not die, but it really was awful.  To top it off,  I'm not very happy with the haircut either.

Here I am three days later, I scratched my head today and it feels like a severe sunburn which is what made me think of this today. So this story is for all the ladies out there who can relate.

No comments:

Post a Comment