Tuesday, September 21, 2010

The nick of time

My God we got out of Cape Briton in the nick of time. Hurricane Ivan just slammed the area we were staying in. Let me tell you they didn't need more rain. You know the whole time we were in Canada we never got a local weather forecast. When you have a satelite dish you can't get anything but US staions.

You may have noticed that the blog has improved in appearance. My computer abilities are slightly limited so I enlisted the help of my daughter-in-law, Robin, who is currently pregnant with our grandchild. Have I mentioned that before? Anyway, I knew Robin would figure it out and she did. Didn't she do a great job? We have officially named her editor-in-chief. Now we just have to figure out how to get little videos on here.

Sara, my hair stylist who did my hair for the last 11 years, set me up with hair color for this road trip that Rob and I could apply when needed. It's a liitle weird having your husband color your hair, especially when he keeps saying ,"why don't you just go natural". Or, " boy, are you gray".  I am not ready to be gray yet!!!!  So today, downtown St.John, New Brunswick, I am seeking a professional. It's a little scary because you never know what you are going to get. But then I guess nothing is scarier than having Rob do it.

Speaking of St. John, COOL city. This is an old harbor city, lots of great old big buildings and churches. Hustling, bustling area where cruise ships dock and people get off and go shopping. Somebodies Port of Call. We are staying at a campground right in the downtown area, one of only two that are still open at this time of year.  The tide that comes in here from the Bay of Fundy raises the water level 25 to 35 feet! Unbeleivable. Everybody smokes cigeretts here. And windy.

 We head to Bar Harbor, ME tomorrow. Back in cell range. Woke up after a horrible dream this morning in which Patrick was saying to me "Sorry to have to tell you this". Then my eyes shot open. Leaves you with a nagging feeling if you know what I mean.

No comments:

Post a Comment