Tuesday, September 7, 2010

The Big One

You know I was a bit reluctant to come to a bear hunt camp for a week, I don't mind telling you. I envisioned no water, no electricity, boredom, etc. while Rob went to the woods to do his thing. We are on a budget so I didn't know what this would set us back. Rob was here 10 years ago so he worked out with the guy who owns this camp to do maintenance work around camp in exchange for the hunting. Yesterday was the first day in the woods for this week's new group. Rob called me at dusk to say he had just killed a monster bear with his bow. He could hardly contain himself. It took 6 people until about 9:30 to get it out of the woods. The owner of this hunt camp said it could be a Maine 2010 state record killed by a bow. It weighed in at 455 pounds!! I do not want to steal any of Rob's thunder here, I am sure a story from him will follow shortly with pictures. I just want to say watching my husband float around camp basking in all this glory was so worth coming here. This is a once in a lifetime experience for a hunter and I am so thankful I was here to be a part of it.

1 comment:

  1. hey Deb.. I finally found your blog.. I am so glad you are having such a wonderful time.. The pictures are great...This is Lisa Morse by the way under Sids account.. ha ha ha

    ReplyDelete